Harrisburg Beer Week 2018 Dates, Signature Events
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
HARRISBURG BEER WEEK 2018 DATES, SIGNATURE EVENTS
Nov 1, HARRISBURG, PA – Harrisburg Beer Week returns for its fourth year with an extended run, April 20-29, 2018. The event celebrates and supports the local craft beer community while serving as a fundraiser for local nonprofit, Harrisburg River Rescue and Emergency Services.
In its first three years, Harrisburg Beer Week included more than 500 events and raised more than $80,000 for Harrisburg River Rescue and Emergency Services.
For 2018, the now 10-day series is expected to facilitate 200-plus events and specials, including the organization’s signature events.
Harrisburg Beer Week 2018 Signature Events
- Friday, April 20 – VIP Kick-Off Party at TBA – NEW LOCATION!
Our sponsor-only “thank you” party featuring music, food and craft beer.
- Saturday, April 21 – PA Flavor at the Pa. Farm Show Complex
Visit the Harrisburg Beer Week booth to pick up #HBGBeerWeek merchandise and get some sweet beer samples from the founders’ private collections!
- Sunday, April 22 – Battle of the Homebrewers at Broad Street Market
Local homebrewers battle it out to reign champion, offering some of the most unique and up-and-coming beers in the area. Plus, food from participating Market vendors; Designated Driver tent.
- Saturday, April 28 – Little Big Beer Fest at National Civil War Museum – NEW LOCATION!
LBBF returns with one-of-a-kind, high-ABV brews (aka Big Beers) in a new location for 2018! Expect special releases, collaborations and a few classic selections. Plus, ticket-holders get access to the Museum; Designated Driver tent; more.
- Sunday, April 29 – Harrisburg River Rescue Mini Golf Scramble – NEW DATE!
Support Harrisburg River Rescue while enjoying a friendly competition of mini-golf and brews on City Island.
Returning for 2018 Harrisburg Beer Week announces the return of popular fundraising opportunities.
- 717 Collaboration Look for new breweries to join in on the fun. Stay tuned for updates on this signature beer of Harrisburg Beer Week.
- Exclusive, online-only raffle with BIG prizes! New in 2017, Harrisburg Beer Week partners generously donated some sweet prizes for our online raffle, including a Design-Your-Own-Beer from Zeroday Brewing Co, and more. All proceeds from the raffle benefit Harrisburg River Rescue & Emergency Services, Harrisburg Beer Week’s exclusive beneficiary.
- “[YOU] Hop” Tag-Up Program to raise funds for Harrisburg River Rescue! Beer Week participants can help support our exclusive beneficiary, Harrisburg River Rescue & Emergency Services, at local bars, restaurants and breweries throughout the greater Harrisburg area. For a $5 (cash) donation, supporters can write their name on a tag-up saying they “HOP HBG,” and have it be displayed on-site at the participating venue.
Sponsorship opportunities are now open for 2018.
Breweries interested in participating in 2018 Harrisburg Beer Week may contact Brewery Liaison, Chelsie Markel, for more information.
Bars, restaurants and clubs interested in participating in 2018 Harrisburg Beer Week may contact Venue Liaison, Tierney Pomone, for more information.
About Harrisburg Beer Week
Harrisburg Beer Week is an independent group founded and organized by Sara Bozich, Tierney Pomone, Chelsie Markel, Colleen Nguyen and Jimi Werner.
Exclusive Beneficiary, Harrisburg River Rescue & Emergency Services
Harrisburg River Rescue is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, volunteer organization that provides community-based, high quality, cost effective water rescue and emergency services for the residents of the south-central Pennsylvania region.