Please help us support this incredible organization!
Harrisburg Beer Week selected Harrisburg River Rescue as the beneficiary because of the great service they provide to the people living in the greater Harrisburg area. Like many organizations, they have felt the effects of a slow economy and budget crunching in the City. In order to maintain the vital services they provide to the City and the region, Harrisburg River Rescue is in need of financial support.
All proceeds generated through sponsorships, merchandise sales and select event ticket sales benefit Harrisburg River Rescue & Emergency Services, a 501(c)(3) non-profit, 100% volunteer organization that provides community-based, high quality, cost effective water rescue and emergency services for the residents of the south-central Pennsylvania region that started over 50 years ago.
Did you know?
- HRRES was Pennsylvania’s first water search and rescue organization. It is widely considered one of the best in and around the state.
- A self-sufficient nonprofit, 100% volunteer organization, HRRES is not a funded entity of the City of Harrisburg or state of Pennsylvania.
- HRRES lost their former station during Tropical Storm Lee while performing rescue operations.
- Today, they’re working hard to renovate a former HVAC warehouse to reduce response time and provide a much-needed modern training facility.
- HRRES’s mission is to provide volunteer emergency search and rescue services to persons suffering because of fire, flood, accident or other disaster. These services include water rescue and patrol, dive rescue and recovery, special fire police services, emergency first response services, water-pumping and related services, and fire and rescue services to the public.
- They also provide emergency search and rescue equipment and facilities to governmental agencies and other organizations assisting persons in distress, and provides emergency search and rescue services to persons in distress on area waters.
- They offer courses that promote safety on area waters, and offers training to the general public and to emergency personnel on boating safety and water rescue.